Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dr. Fish



As you all may know, my feet are very, very ticklish. I have done something that you may not think me capable of. I have put my feet in a tank of fish and let them nibble on my feet. I am still shuddering! There is a little cafe just outside of Hannam that does pedicures - and the fish are the ones giving the pedicure. How? You may ask. Well... these particular fish eat the dead skin off your feet. I screamed when they started nibbling - at least I wasn't the only one. There was a whole group of silly Americans who went and we all made a lot of noise. The entire cafe turned around and laughed at us. I think it was one of the LONGEST 15 minutes of my life. I have to say my feet were soft after they were done. The only way I will do it again is if one of you come and visit me! So save up it costs 2,000 won to get it done (That, by the way, is less than $2 for any of you gringos who aren't hip to currency rates).

6 comments:

Tara said...

When I come visit, we'll definitely have to do that. :)

So, the ladies with you in the picture, are they friends?

Joanna said...

The lady directly in front of me is from the military branch here (which is the ward I am in). The blonde lady next to her works with Ammon. The other two ladies are friends of another lady that Ammon works with (the one that took the picture).

Samson Agonistes said...

I'd pay two dollars to not have fish nibble my dead skin away.

Samson Agonistes said...

Oh, and your other favorite has got to be gymnastics. You're such a chick!

Samson Agonistes said...

I've heard of fish pedicures. Sounds like fun. Count me in. By the way this is Naomi.

Anonymous said...

I love getting pedicures, but I'm not too sure about that. I guess it'd have to be the experience of it, but one time only! Hope you are enjoying over there! Miss ya!